How is this a unique Lumina product?
All candidates will receive a complimentary cut down version of Lumina Spark. We will provide this to the candidate as part of our "ethical policy" on always ensuring anybody who fills in a questionnaire is given an opportunity for an explanation as well as access to use the "free" interactive e-learning explaining the colours and 8 aspects online. As well as looking at the 24 qualities examined in Spark, Talent will measure each candidate's Emotional Competence. Emotional Competence can be described as the ability or capacity to perceive, assess, and manage the emotions of one's self and of others. It can directly influence how a person reacts to stressful situations as well as interpersonal relations.
According to John Kotter of Harvard Business School: "Because of the furious pace of change in business today, difficult to manage relationships sabotage more business than anything else - it is not a question of strategy that gets us into trouble; it is a question of emotions."
Introducing Lumina Talent
- Improve company performance by employing the most suitable candidate
- Reduce costs such as recruitment and re-locations costs
- Free up management time to concentrate on organisational goals
Who is Lumina Talent designed for?
- Talent is designed to increase awareness for both the recruiter and the candidate as they both can get a much better sense of the qualities needed for a particular role within the culture of an organisation.
- As a recruiter you can customise Lumina Talent using tabular reports of quality scores. This means if you are looking for a specific quality you can compare scores of all the applicants on that quality and easily identify those who score high or low in it.
- When it comes to interviewing each candidate, Lumina Talent allows recruiters to ask questions using real life scenarios and practical methods for overcoming any possible development areas.
Is this about screening people and how does Lumina Talent maintain ethical integrity?
We developed Lumina Talent not as a tool to screen candidates, but rather to identify traits within a person and the respective qualities they possess. With that in mind, we would never allow or structure Talent so that it could be used as an independent screening tool.
How does this support the candidate?
The Lumina Talent Portrait will also assess possible areas that might affect the potential career path of a candidate. These are based on the 8 aspects and will give both the candidate and the recruiter vital information on where it is best to focus on developing each person individually.